Wednesday, April 16, 2008
My husband and I are in Las Vegas. He came to get some more training on a new piece of treatment equipment for the hospital, I came for purely selfish reasons (sleep, renewal, SHOPPING...).
I adore my family! My husband is so absolutely amazing! Throughout my life, the men who entered it were...well, let's just say they were all lacking-----a lot! But Keith, he never ceases to amaze and inspire me. He is such a loving, caring, GIVING, man. I'm so grateful that the other men were lacking and that things never "worked out" with any of them. If they had worked, I would have missed out on Keith, and that would have been a horrible tragedy.
Keith took on a son, who was not his own, and he couldn't love him more if he were his own. He has given me three, beautiful children, and his role of Father is shadowed by none.
This is all proven by the way all four of our children absolutely adore him! Corbin, our oldest, is missing us so deeply right now. And, although I don't want him to be unhappy or sad, it thrills me to know that we're BOTH so important in Corbin's life. Our other three children ask for Daddy every time I talk to them on the phone. They all are counting the days when we will return home (as are we).
It was my husband's idea for me to tag along with him on his business trip, and I'm so glad I've done it (third time, yet). It's been a renewal of our ever-growing, ever-deepening love for each other, and it's been a refreshing of my spirit and energy so that I can give back to my children and be a better Mom for them.
Keith has been putting in a lot of hours at work and studying for his third and final Board exam coming up in June, so he's been missing the children a lot. He's so anxious for this final exam to be over so he can get back to spending more time with the children. I never get the chance to miss them because I'm ALWAYS with them. Time away from them just makes me love and appreciate them so much more! They're such amazing children!!
I am so truly blessed! God knew what would transpire in my life through all my heartaches and disappointments. When I was alone, grieving and nearly giving in to despair believing I would spend my life as a single mother, God knew what was just around the corner. So, to the men who came before, thank you! Thank you for leaving, because it's what was needed so that Keith could come into my life. He has given me everything that all of you never could/would give, and he's gone so far beyond what I could ever have imagined. A pastor once told me that God always gives His best to those who allow Him to make the choice. I finally stopped making the choice myself, and look what He's given to me!!
Another pastor friend, Dr. Charles Stanley, once told me that if I continually pray, asking God to give me what I need, He'll always give me what I need and many, many things that I want. Because, when we pray for our needs to be met, our desires change and our wants and needs aline with God's Word. We cease to want the things that would not be beneficial, and our needs become the desires of our hearts. I saw Dr. Stanley just two days ago, here in Las Vegas! It was wonderful to see him again and he was ever gracious and loving.
Well, I just wanted to share the joy and love that has been filling my heart while I've been away. It's good to take time for yourself, every now and then. It's rejuvenating and renewing, and I'm grateful for this opportunity. I love all of you, my friends, and my prayer is that you take/find the time to reflect on your many blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment